Time, Times and a Half
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be
given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by
him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all
these things shall be finished.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and
times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot
forty and two months.
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
There is a Key given in Revelation 12. It is the only usage of the term “time, times and a half” outside of the Book of Daniel.
Using Simple Algebraic Mathematical Substitution and the Key from Revelation 12:
X = Time, Times and Half
Y = 1,260 Days
Z = 42 Months
X = Y : Revelation 12:14 = Revelation 12:6
X = Z : Daniel 7:25 = Revelation 13:5-7
Therefore since X equals both Y and Z then all the variables are of equal value. Thus X=Y=Z
The 1,260 days is 42 months and is referred to as a Time (1 yr) Times (plural – 2 yrs) and a Half a Time (.5 yrs) This is all the same time period
– 3.5 years, 42 months or 1,260 days.
Daniel’s Prophecy of the 70 Weeks
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
Daniel’s Prophecy deals with the nation of Israel and Jerusalem.
- Command goes forth 454 B.C. – 20th Year of Persian King Artaxerxes Longimanus I
- Nehemiah 2:1 & 9
- · 69 Weeks of years later (483 years) – Brings us to the year 30 A.D.
- 454 years + 30 years = 484 years – 1 yr for no 0 year = 483 years
- John was Baptizing in Bethabara beyond Jordan
- John Baptizes Jesus and bears witness that he is the Messiah
- John 1:32-34
- Luke 3:23
- Jesus’ Ministry begins ~30 A.D. after his Baptism
62 & 7 (69) Weeks until Messiah the Prince – Fulfilled exactly 483 (69 Weeks) years from the going forth of the commandment to restore and
rebuild Jerusalem by Artaxerxes
- · The Gospels recount 3 Passovers and an inferred Passover during Jesus’ Ministry
- John 2:13-25 (1st)
- John 5:1 (Inferred)
- John 6:4 (2nd)
- Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22, John 13 (3rd)
Prior to the 1st Passover recounted in John 2 and immediately after his Baptism and John revealing Jesus as the Lamb of God who takes away the
sins of the world, Jesus spent 40 days fasting in the wilderness where he was tempted
- § Matthew 4, Luke 4
This illustrates that the Holy Scriptures show that our Lord’s Ministry beginning from his Baptism and John’s revealing Him as the promised
Messiah to be over 3 years in time
- · Historical evidence for the length of Jesus’ Ministry
“…our Saviour and Lord, Jesus the Christ of God, beginning His mission at the age of about thirty, came to John’s baptism and then
and there set to work preaching the gospel. Holy Scripture further tells us that He completed the whole period of His teaching when Annas and Caiaphas
were high priest, showing that the years covering their ministry (the high priests) include the whole period of His teaching. Since,
then, He began His mission in the high priesthood of Annas and continued till the reign of Caiaphas, the period covered does not stretch to four
“Thus the whole period of our Saviour’s Teaching is shown to be actually less than four complete years,” 
- · If Daniel’s Prophecy and the above dates are to prove correct that would put the Crucifixion at Passover of 33 A.D.
- This would also put the length of our Lord’s Ministry as the Christ at Three and a Half Years
- After 62 Weeks Messiah shall be cut off….
- § After 30 A.D. was Messiah cut off but not for himself? Yes
- …and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary…
- § After 30 A.D. were Jerusalem and the Temple destroyed? Yes
- · Christ would confirm the Abrahamic Covenant with “many” for one week, but who are the many?
- As the Scriptures state this Prophecy only deals with the Nation of Israel and the City of Jerusalem, He confirmed the Covenant with “many”of the Jews however he was despised and rejected by “many” as well.
- In the midst of the week He was cut off but not for himself
- When Christ was cut off he caused the need for Sacrifice and Oblation to cease (Hebrews 7:27)
§ The Veil was rent, the Scarlet thread tied to the Scapegoat and nailed to the Door of the Temple never changed color to White ever again and for the
overspreading of their Abominations the Sanctuary was devoid of any presence of God (Ezekiel 9:3) and was eventually made completely Desolate (Luke 13:35)
- § There is a further 40 year pattern from Messiah to Temple Desolation that could be expanded on but will leave that out for the sake of brevity
Therefore the first half of the last week has been fulfilled by Christ Confirming God’s Covenant to his Chosen People Israel during his earthly
- Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the COVENANT which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
- There remains the latter half of the week in which Christ will again Confirm God’s Covenant with His Chosen People of Israel
- § I believe the Scriptures indicate this will be done through His Two Witnesses and the 144K as well as the Lord Himself
- · So again, if this is the correct Timeline of Christ’s Ministry we should be able to pinpoint the Day of the Cross at Passover of 33 A.D.
- Historical Evidence of Supernatural Darkness in 33 A.D.
- Julius Africanus, a Christian historian, writing about A.D. 221, refers to Christ’s Crucifixion and the darkness that covered the earth prior to His death saying, “Thallus, in his Third Book of Histories, explains away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun, unreasonably as it seems to me. For the Hebrews celebrate the Passover on the 14th day according to the moon, and the Passion of our Saviour falls on the day before the Passover. But an eclipse of the sun takes place only when the Moon comes under the Sun. And it cannot happen at any other time but in the interval between the first day of the new moon and the last of the old, that is, at their junction: how then should an eclipse occur when the Moon is almost diametrically opposite the Sun?”
- Julius Africanus also stated that, “During the time of Tiberius Caesar an eclipse of the sun occurred during the full Moon.”
- Phlegon of Tralles was a first century secular Greek historian born not long after the Crucifixion. He inadvertently dated the darkness at noon on the day of Crucifixion in his work, The Olympiades.
We only have fragments left to us of this monumental work and quotations of it from other writers.
One such quotation is as follows, “In the 4th year of the 202nd Olympiad, there was a great eclipse of the Sun, greater than had ever been known before, for at the sixth hour the day was changed into night, and the stars were seen in the heavens. An earthquake occurred in Bythinia and overthrew a great part of the city of Nicaea.” 
- In ancient Greece the Olympic Games were held in the July of the first year of each Olympiad, which was a 4 year period running from July to June of each succeeding year.
- 202 Olympiad Calendar:
- Another Historian, John Philoponous (Philipon) , in his work “On the History of the World” confirms Phlegon’s account “And about this darkness – Phlegon recalls it in the Olympiads…Phlegon mentioned the eclipse which took place during the crucifixion of the Lord Christ, and no other (eclipse), it is clear that he did not know from his sources about any (similar) eclipse in previous times …and this is shown by the historical account of Tiberius Caesar.”
- Roman Historian Cornelius Tacitus on the veracity of Jesus being crucified by Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius Caesar: “Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome…” 
- · Furthermore, If this Pattern is correct the Scriptures should bear Witness and we should see a clear type from the Hebrew Scriptures:
- Elijah – Resurrected and Translated Saints
- Elisha – Israel
- § Receives a Double Portion
- § Double Portion – 2 Witnesses and the 144 Thousand
- § Double Portion – Christ sent out the 70 Disciples
- Luke 10:1 (KJV) After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
The Holy Spirit falls upon the “Seventy and Two”
16 And the Lord said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee.
17 And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.
23 And the Lord said unto Moses, Is the Lord’s hand waxed short? thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.
24 And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the Lord, and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle.
25 And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
26 But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.
27 And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.
28 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them.
29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!
- § 72 x 2 = 144
- 2 Bears devour the young men – The Two Beasts that will devour the Earth
- 42 young men – 42 Months / Time, Times and Half / 1,260 days the beasts will devour and tread down the Holy City
“Therefore, we demonstrate that Christ came within the sixty-two and one-half weeks.”
Tertullian “Ante-Nicene Fathers” Volume 3 pg. 159
“By showing “the number of the years, and the time of the sixty-two and one-half completed weeks,” we have proved that Christ came. That is, He was born at the time predicted.”
Tertullian “Ante-Nicene Fathers” Volume 3 pg. 168
“He whom Daniel foretells would have dominion for a time, and times, and an half, is even already at the door. He is about to speak blasphemous and daring things against the Most High.”
Justin Martyr “Ante-Nicene Fathers” Volume 1 pg. 210 (writing about 160AD)
“And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be suddenly caught up from this, it is said, “There shall be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning, neither shall be.”
Iranaeus “Against Heresies” Book 5 Chap. XXIX (writing about 180AD)
See Daniel 12:1-3 & 7 | Matthew 24:21
Day of the Cross
2 Kings 2:9-12&23-24
And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha
said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder;
and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own
clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto
him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two
children of them.
There remains a future period of Three and One Half Years that is referred to as a Time, Times and Half a Time / 42 Months / 1,260 Days in which the
Lord will Confirm His Covenant with ALL of Israel (in-grafted and natural) during the time of Jacob’s Trouble. This will complete the 70 Weeks of Daniel and initiate the second coming of the Lord as King of Kings to Rule and Reign
from Jerusalem. Praise be to the Most High God YaHuWaH and our Lord and King Jesus Christ!
Addendum: Early Church Father’s View of 70 Weeks
It is especially evident from Justin’s statement that they were not looking for a “Covenant with many” but for the revealing of the “Man of Sin.” This also illustrates that the only time period that remained unfulfilled was the “Time, Times and Half.”
Paul also bears witness to this, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3:
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Floyd Nolen Jones – Chronology of the Old Testament Chapter VI Section 9 (pg. 236) – See Chart 5
Eusebius – The History of the Church – Book 1: 10.1-10.7 (pgs. 26 – 27)
Eusebius – The History of the Church – Book 1: 10.7 (pg. 27)
Phlegon – Olympiads – Chronicles: Book 13: Olympiad 202/203
Tacitus – Annals – Book 15:44